iOS 15 and iOS 14 are here, but many iPhone and iPad users have been experiencing bugs with the new update. Here’s a list of possible solutions to some common problems that you might be having while upgrading from iOS 13.
The “ios 15 issues” are a list of problems that can occur with iOS 15. The article discusses 36 most common problems and their possible solutions.
Apple has released iOS 15, the latest version of its iPhone/iPad operating system. Apple announced this, and customers are already taking use of the new and improved capabilities.
iPhone/iPad users will enjoy quicker, delicious, wonderful, and responsive features in the form of applications, keyboards, and other features with the introduction of iOS 15/14/13.
However, several customers have claimed that after installing the iOS 15 update, they have encountered a number of issues that should be resolved.
So, in this blog, I’ll go through some of the most prevalent iOS 13 issues and solutions that consumers are encountering.
Even if you have the troubles listed below after updating your iPhone/iPad to iOS 15/14/13/12, these remedies can help you.
Common iOS 15/14/13 Issues and Their Solutions
The most frequent iPhone issues following the iOS 13/14/15 upgrade are listed here.
So let’s take a look inside and see what the most prevalent iOS 13/14/15 issues are, as well as how to repair them.
1. Checking for Updates Isn’t Working
‘Unable to check for update’ is one of the most prevalent problems that arise after installing the iOS 15/14/13 upgrade. This issue is so common that it arises every time Apple publishes a new version.
Users have previously complained that their iPhones were stuck on the preparing update page when using iOS 11, and this problem has resurfaced in the iOS 12 beta version.
Users recently discovered that there was no indication of any update in the Settings option while trying to upgrade the beta version of iOS 12.
“Unable to Check for Update,” read the warning. “While checking for software updates, an issue occurred.”
2. The iOS 13/14/15 software upgrade failed.
It’s possible that you’ve seen the Software Upgrade Failed error before while trying to update your iPhone to a new iOS version.
The problem has resurfaced with iOS 13, and it requires a remedy.
So it’s best to be informed of the situation and some potential remedies so that you don’t run into any issues when upgrading your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13.
- You may see the “Close” and “Settings” choices when you receive the “Software update failed” notice. Click the “Close” button and wait a few moments before downloading and attempting to install it again.
- Once, try restarting or rebooting your iDevice to see if it fixes the issue.
3. AirDrop doesn’t work
When trying to upgrade their iPhone/iPad to iOS 15/14/13, some customers have claimed that AirDrop does not function.
This may happen even after the product is released to the public, and consumers may have issues moving files across devices.
So, what are the options for getting out of this situation?
- Simply restart your smartphone, since this is a simple way to address such issues.
- Check your network thoroughly, turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, and then turn it back on after a few minutes.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings to try to reset the network.
Problems with Bluetooth
After updating to iOS 15, your iPhone/Bluetooth iPad’s connection may experience issues. As a result, you should resolve the problem as quickly as possible by resetting your device’s network settings.
Follow the steps below to do so:
- Go to Settings first, then General.
- Now, scroll down to the Reset option and choose Reset Network Settings from the drop-down menu.
The full procedure may take some time to finish. However, doing so will erase all of your device’s known connections, including Wi-Fi connections.
5. Unable to upgrade because of an issue that occurred during the installation
Users have reported difficulties such as “Unable to Upgrade” as a result of the iOS 13/14/15 releases.
As customers might read on-screen, “Profile installation failed” or “Unable to Upgrade, an error occurred when installing iOS 13,” this is likely to be a major problem.
Now, in order to get out of this dilemma, you must perform the following:
- Check to see whether your smartphone is compatible with iOS 12/13/14/15 first. Devices that are compatible with iOS 12 are listed below.
- You may try resetting your network settings by heading to Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings, or you can turn off Wi-Fi and use cellular data instead.
- Use iTunes to upgrade your smartphone to iOS 13/14/15.
6. Problems with the network
After downloading iOS 15, users may have network issues. If this occurs, consider resetting it since it will turn off your personal hotspot. To reset your network settings, click to Settings >> General >> Reset >> Reset Network Settings.
This will reset your cellular data settings, as well as Wi-Fi networks and passwords, as well as your APN and VPN settings.
7. Update could not be verified
When iOS 11 or another version of iOS was launched, consumers encountered the Unable to Verify Update bug, which they reported. It seems to be included in iOS 12/13/14, as well as iOS 15, as well.
Although the verification procedure only takes a few minutes to complete, your iPhone may get stuck on the “Verifying update…” page.
This is another another problem that people wish to be free of as soon as possible. So, to get rid of the error, follow the instructions below:
- Perform a hard reset on your iPhone or iPad.
- For a few minutes, use the Power button to lock and wake your iPhone/iPad.
- Upgrade your smartphone to iOS 13 through iTunes, but make sure you back up all of your data beforehand.
8. The camera has stopped operating.
Because iOS 15 offers so many new functions, it also applies to cameras. Users may add FaceTime and messages straight from the camera app after updating to iOS 15.
However, with the iOS 13/14/15 upgrade, some customers have reported a camera problem.
When the camera is turned on, nothing happens and a blank screen appears. This is a significant problem since the phone seems to be incomplete without a camera.
So, what’s the best way to fix this problem?
- By double-clicking the Home Button > finding the camera app > swiping up to forcibly shut it, you can force close your camera app.
- Restarting your iPhone/iPad is one of the most popular and effective solutions.
- If the preceding option does not work, you should reset all of your phone’s settings.
9. I’m stuck on the Upgrade Slide Screen.
Users may experience ‘iPhone stuck on slide to Upgrade screen’ after updating to iOS 15. This is one of the worst scenarios, and it occurs as a result of a software flaw or when the iOS 13/14/15 update is corrupted.
To get out of this position, do the following:
- Force your device to restart.
- Put your phone or tablet into recovery mode. This may be the answer to your problem.
10. The App Store is down.
Users flock to the App Store to get applications, but what happens if the App Store stops working? In fact, after upgrading to iOS 15/14/13, consumers discovered that their App store was no longer functional.
App Store unable to download applications, App Store not uploading, App Store search not functioning, and other notifications have been reported by users.
So, what’s the best way to deal with it?
Here are some measures to do in order to resolve the “App Store Not Working” issue.
- First, double-check your network connection to make sure it’s steady and robust.
- Try to free up some memory space on your smartphone since you won’t be able to download any new applications if you don’t have any.
- Clear your app store’s cache.
11. Issues with the App
After the iOS 13/14/15 release, app downloads and updates are also regular issues. If you run into this issue, please restart your device and attempt downloading or updating the app again.
If you’re having issues with your app’s performance, make sure it’s the most recent version. You may also fix the problem by reinstalling the program.
Furthermore, certain applications may not function or run properly since developers do not issue iOS 15 support updates for their apps. As a result, some apps may not work or operate properly.
12. Problems with battery draining quickly and overheating
The two most typical difficulties that arise after upgrading your smartphone to iOS 15 are battery problems and overheating concerns. [Check out [17 Ways] To Fix iPhone 6 Battery Draining Quickly]
One of the users has reported such an issue and is working to resolve it.
Until then, you may try any of the tips below to fix your iPhone/battery iPad’s draining and heating issues.
- Stop background applications from running by simply pressing the Home button and swiping all of the apps to forcibly dismiss them.
- It’s possible that the phone is becoming heated because of the iPhone/iPad cover. As a result, to prevent heating issues, remove the casing.
- The heating issue might arise while iCloud services are stalled in the background. So, go to Settings > your ID > iCloud to see whether all of your iCloud services are working properly.
13. iMessage isn’t working after updating to iOS 13/14/15
Users who rely on iMessages may have significant issues with the iOS 13/14/15 upgrade. They see error messages such as contact name not found, SMS not sent or sent, and emoji not functioning.
However, it is also true that when iMessage stops operating, every iOS user is inconvenienced. However, this may be resolved by simply restarting the iMessage and double-checking if the necessary iMessage settings are in place.
To repair the iMessages problem on your iPhone or iPad, follow the instructions below:
- To begin, go to Settings > iMessage and turn off and on your iMessage. Turn it off and then on again after some time.
- Perform a factory reset on your phone.
- Check to see that your Date and Time are right.
14. Reboots at Random
Following the iOS 15 upgrade, several customers have reported a variety of difficulties on their phones, including sudden reboots, latency, and other issues. The issue might be resolved by just restarting your device.
Occasionally, though, a simple restart will not enough, and you will need to reset the speed of the home button. You must navigate to Settings > General > Accessibility > Home button to do so.
15. An issue with the iPhone’s performance
If you notice any differences in the performance of your iPhone/iPad after updating to iOS 15/14/13, you should know how to resolve the problem.
However, if your iPhone begins to freeze, you should try restarting it. Check to see whether the app is up to date, since the issue might be caused by an update.
Furthermore, you may have issues moving between programs, for which you could modify the home button’s click speed. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Home button to do this.
After the iOS 15/14/13 upgrade, the alarm no longer works.
If you can’t wake up in the morning because your alarm doesn’t sound on time, it’s possible that the iOS 13/14/15 update is to blame.
This is a new issue that has been reported by several iPhone owners.
Users of the beta version have reported this issue, which should be resolved once iOS 15 is officially released.
Whether the issue persists, forcibly restart your iPhone/iPad to see if everything is working properly.
17. Sound Issues
Sound issues may potentially arise as a result of the upgrade. Some of the noises may simply be turned off on the home screen while using any app.
So, to remedy the issue, just restart your device and see whether the issue has been resolved.
Turn off and on the Bluetooth to verify whether the issue has been resolved. If the issue persists, you may upgrade the app.
Problems with Wi-Fi
Users may now have issues with their Wi-Fi, such as Wi-Fi being unable to connect, not functioning, constantly dropping, settings being greyed out, and so on.
These are the most typical problems that users may encounter after installing the iOS 15 upgrade. So, here’s how to address these problems:
- Always make sure your router is turned on and that you are in range.
- Also, make sure you’re using the most recent version of iOS. If you’re still not sure, verify the software update by navigating to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Check that Wi-Fi is turned , and that your device can see the network.
- Forget about the Wi-Fi network and reconnect.
Siri Issues (19.)
After updating to iOS 15/14, iPhone/iPad owners are still experiencing troubles. Siri is causing certain users troubles, according to their reports.
The “Hey Siri” function is causing problems. So, to address the problem, try the following solutions:
- Make sure Siri is switched on by visiting to Settings > Siri & Search and double-checking that it is enabled.
- Turn off Siri and restart the device once if it is enabled. Restart Siri once it has rebooted.
- If nothing of the above techniques work, try resetting all of your device’s settings. To reset all of your settings, navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This operation, however, will delete all passwords, so make a note of it someplace.
Twenty-first, cellular data isn’t working.
Some customers have claimed that cellular data isn’t functioning on iOS 11/14/15 once again. This problem may affect any iPhone/iPad model, but many beta users have experienced it.
As a result, you should switch off your cellular data for a while and see whether the problem has been resolved.
Alternatively, you can follow the steps below:
- Turn on and off Airplane mode. To do so, go to Control Center > Enable Airplane Mode > After 30 seconds, switch it on.
- Check to see if a Carrier update is available.
- Restart your device or reset your network settings/all settings if necessary.
21. Notifications in the App Aren’t Working
You may get alerts from a variety of applications on your smartphone, however many users are reporting that app notifications for Twitter, ESPN Fantasy, Poshmark, and other apps are no longer functioning after updating to iOS 15.
All of these applications are now non-system programs that are incompatible with iOS 13/14/15. As a result, you should attempt the following to resolve any similar issues:
- First, look for and deactivate the mute button.
- Also, make sure “Do not disturb” is turned on. If this is the case, disable it to get all alerts.
22. Insufficient storage capacity to download iOS 15
This is another another issue that iPhone owners may encounter while attempting to update to iOS 15.
If this is the case, you should consider freeing up some space on your device. The iOS 13/14/15 upgrade requires at least 5GB of storage space.
Go to Settings > Storage > Control Storage on your iPhone to manage your storage. View how much space you have available and, if anything has to be eliminated, do so to free up space for the iOS 15 upgrade.
Speaker Isn’t Working
Many iPhone owners have reported issues with their device speakers after updating to iOS 13/14/15. They weren’t functioning as well as they had been. This might be due to one of two things: software failure or hardware failure.
If the issue is hardware-related, you must visit an Apple retail store; however, if the issue is software-related, you must do the following:
- Check to see whether your phone is set to quiet. If silent mode is turned on, turn it off and switch to ring mode.
- Make sure your phone’s volume isn’t too low.
Brightness Bug (number 24)
The brightness glitch is another issue that consumers have reported after upgrading to iOS 15. The screen went dark and wouldn’t come on when users turned the brightness all the way down.
This issue has been reported by certain iPhone X users. If the issue persists, ask Siri to boost the brightness, and if that fails, do a hard reset of your smartphone.
25. The Charging Issue
Many consumers have complained that after updating to iOS 13/14/15, their iPhone/iPad/iPod touch is having charging issues. Check the cable you’re using to charge your smartphone or the charging port to see if that’s the problem.
You may also repair your device’s charging issue by following the instructions below:
- Make sure your charging cord and USB adaptor are in good working order.
- Force restarting your device may help with a variety of difficulties with your iPhone/iPad.
- Check your phone’s charging port as well. If there is any dust or debris, brush it away with a soft brush.
26. iPhone Restarts Constantly
The iPhone/iPad continues rebooting after the iOS 13 upgrade, which is a typical issue that many users have reported on Reddit and Twitter. According to them, an Apple logo displays on the screen at all times and does not open normally.
So, if you’re having trouble with this, try the instructions below:
- First, hard restart your iPhone, as this will resolve any minor difficulties.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset All Settings to try to reset all of your settings.
- The last option is to use iTunes to restore your iPhone. However, before using this procedure, it is recommended that you make a backup.
27. After updating to iOS 15, the flashlight no longer works.
This is another problem that iPhone users may encounter after updating to iOS 13/14/15. In Control Center, the flashlight is not functioning and is grayed out. The LED light does not functional even while taking images.
While upgrading to iOS 15/14/13, several of them discovered flashlight problems. So, here are a few straightforward solutions to the issue. They are as follows:
- If it doesn’t work, try forcing the camera app to close.
- Reset your iPhone or iPad to factory settings.
- If none of these methods work, consider restoring your iPhone/iPad to factory settings through iTunes. But don’t forget to make a backup of your data before starting the procedure.
AirPods won’t connect to iPhone 28.
Many consumers have experienced issues connecting their AirPods to their phone after installing the iOS 13/14/15 upgrade. They either lost contact or were unable to reconnect.
If you’re having the same problem, try the following solutions:
To use the left or right microphone, go to Settings > Bluetooth > Microphone. Click on Microphone after tapping on the “I” button next to AirPods. Select Always left AirPod or Always right AirPod from the drop-down menu.
Again, forget it. AirPods should be repaired– Go to Settings > Bluetooth, then click on the “I” next to AirPods, then Forget this Device.
29. No Service or Continues to Look for Service
iPhone/iPad users may experience the ‘No service or Searching…’ problem after updating to iOS 15/14/13. Users will be unable to place a call due to this appearing in the left corner of the screen.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Start by restarting your iPhone.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset to try to reset the iPhone network.
- Remove the SIM card and re-insert it.
- Also, click to Settings > General > About and look for Carrier Settings Update. If an update is available, install it to resolve the problem.
30. The Software Update Server was unable to be reached.
Users have tried many times to upgrade their iPhones using iTunes and have received the message “The iPhone software update server could not be accessed.”
This issue, commonly known as Error 1671, happens when iTunes or your computer’s network connection fails, or when Apple servers become overburdened.
This problem may be resolved by just restarting your iPhone once. Also, make sure your iTunes is up to date.
31. After iOS 13/14/15 Update, Activation Failed Error
Following the iOS 15 release, a number of iPhone owners have reported receiving a “Activation Failed” error message.
“Activation Error,” “Could Not Activate iPhone,” and “we are unable to proceed with your activation at this time” are some of the error messages that consumers have seen.
It usually occurs when the iPhone fails to connect to the Apple Server, or when a software problem prevents the activation.
Not being able to make or receive calls is number 32.
Many customers have claimed that they are unable to make or receive calls after updating to iOS 15/14/13. When making or receiving calls, they get error messages such as “call failed” or “call terminated.”
This kind of issue is usually caused by a network issue, but it may also be caused by a software issue.
As a result, you should attempt to keep your phone near a working network, re-insert the SIM card, or toggle on or off airplane mode. Finally, you may clear the problem by resetting the network settings.
Problems with Facebook Messenger (number 33)
Millions of individuals, according to my understanding, use Facebook Messenger because it makes it simple to interact with family, friends, coworkers, and others.
Users have reported issues with sending and receiving messages since the iOS 15/14/13 update. Many times, the whole Messenger program crashes and refuses to launch.
To fix the problem, you need update your Facebook Messenger app, make certain configuration adjustments, or even reinstall the Facebook Messenger software.
34. iPhone Bricking Issues, Stuck in Recovery Mode, Apple Logo
After upgrading to the newest version, iPhones often display a variety of errors, and iOS 13/14/15 is no exception. iPhones stuck on the Apple logo, stuck in recovery mode, and other issues have been reported by users.
Your phone, too, may be bricked. So, in this circumstance, restarting the device once or using a third-party solution like iOS System Repair is the best approach to deal with it.
35. Stuck in the middle of a download
Because iOS 13/14/15 is a large file, it’s possible that your iPhone may get stuck during downloading. After you choose the “Download and Install” option, the update process may be paused for an hour.
This is a typical problem for many customers, and it might be caused by a bad internet connection or a phone problem.
To resolve the problem, make sure your internet connection is up to date and reliable. Make sure your gadget has adequate storage space as well.
36. After the iOS 15 upgrade, screen recording isn’t working.
The screen recording capability first appeared in iOS 11 and was later added to iOS 13/14/15. However, many customers were concerned since screen recording was not functioning for them following the iOS 15 upgrade. Some people have reported hearing no sound on videos they’ve taken or saved.
Turning on-screen recording back on or resetting device settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings) are the best ways to remedy this.
As a result, I’ve compiled a list of 36 frequent iOS 13/14/15 issues and remedies that iPhone/iPad owners may encounter after updating their device.
Not only have I mentioned problems, but also their answers. iOS 15/14/13 may cause problems for you and many other users, and this will be a major stumbling block for everyone.
However, while resolving the problems If you lose data on your iPhone or iPad for whatever reason, you may use iOS Data Recovery to recover all of your lost or deleted data.
You may also contact us via our social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Sophia Louis is an SEO specialist and a professional blogger. She enjoys writing blogs and articles on Android and iOS phones. She is the creator of Android-iOS-data-recovery and is passionate about resolving difficulties with Android and iOS devices.
Watch This Video-
The “ios 15 ethernet not working” is a common issue that many people face. The possible solutions are listed in the article.
- ios 15 beta problems
- ios 15 ruined my phone
- ios 15 video playback issue
- ios 15 data not working
- ios 15 widgets not loading