Battlefield 2042 is the sequel to Battlefield 1 and Released on October 16th, 2019. The game has been plagued with FPS drops and stuttering issues since its release, but players have recently discovered a fix that may be able to solve these problems.
Our Opinions After reviewing the products/services in line with our professional standards, we write reviews.
Fees for referrals When you buy anything via one of our links, we may be paid an affiliate commission. This, however, has no bearing on the content of our evaluations or the products/services we evaluate. Direct links to purchase items that are part of affiliate programs may appear in our content.
Standards are being reviewed. To guarantee that each review is based on an impartial, honest, and professional analysis of the product/service, all reviews published on CPUtemper must fulfill our stringent reviewing requirements. As a result of these requirements, we must assess the product’s technical features and attributes as well as its economic worth for consumers, which may influence the product’s ranking on the website.
Is it worth it to play Battlefield 2042? The frame rate lowers from 60-80 frames per second to 16-20 frames per second. Here’s a list of options.
Players have been experiencing stuttering, latency, and FPS drops since the release of Battlefield 2042. Apply the remedies listed below to solve Battlefield 2042 FPS drops.
What might cause Battlefield 2042 FPS dips and stuttering?
After reading questions on Reddit and other places, we’ve determined that the Framerate Drop issue is caused by:
- Graphics drivers that are no longer supported.
- Steam/Discord overlays in-game.
- The game cache file has been corrupted.
- In-game graphical settings that have been incorrectly setup
- The internet connection is poor.
- Background apps that are incompatible.
Why is my PC’s Battlefield 2042 FPS stuttering?
On PC, the in-game FPS decrease issue is linked to a machine that does not satisfy the game’s minimal system requirements.
So, before you start playing Battlefield 2042, make sure your PC is up to the task. Otherwise, you’ll have to update or get a gaming computer.
How to Fix FPS Drops in Battlefield 2042 on PC
You don’t have to execute all of the solutions listed below; just work your way down the list until you find one that works.
1. Restart Your Computer
The majority of the time, there is a little issue that can be simply resolved by restarting your computer. Many people said that when their FPS decreased while playing Battlefield 2042, they just rebooted their computer and the issue was resolved.
2. Graphics Card Update
Your PC may stutter when playing games if your graphics card drivers are outdated. As a result, you must make sure that the graphics card’s drivers are up to date.
You have two options for updating GPU drivers: manually or automatically.
We prefer the automated technique since it is simple, secure, and requires no prior understanding of computers. To do so, you’ll need to install the Driver Easy program on your computer.
This application is a well-known professional driver updater that finds and updates outdated system drivers automatically.
3. Turn on Game Mode
Game Mode is a built-in feature in the Windows 10 OS that improves performance and increases FPS. Game Mode must be enabled if you want to play games on your PC without lag.
Take the following steps:
- To open Settings, press Win + I.
- Go to the Gaming tab.
- Select Game Mode from the left-hand menu.
- Toggle it on using the slider.
Once enabled, restart the game to see whether the FPS dips in Battlefield 2042 have been rectified.
4. Enable DirectX 12 if it isn’t already.
FPS dips and stuttering are probable if you play Battlefield 2042 without the most recent version of DirectX.
Because Battlefield 2042 is a sophisticated game, you must first enable DirectX 12. It will assist you in having a pleasant experience.
DirectX 12 will eliminate stutter and improve overall performance if you have an RTX card. Take the following steps:
- Go to the installation folder for the game. It’s usually at C/Users/username/Documents/Battlefield 2042/Settings.
- To open PROFSAVE profile in NotePad, right-click on it.
- GstRender.Dx12Enabled is set to 1.
- Save the document.
Try playing the game again to check if the FPS decreases or the game stutters.
5. Disable the Overlay
Many people claim that the major reason of Battlefield 2042 FPS decreases is the Steam, Twitch, or Discord overlay.
Although this overlay improves gameplay performance, it often causes interruptions and makes it difficult for the game to operate smoothly.
To turn off Overlay on Discord, follow these steps:
- Discord is now open. To enter Settings, click the cog wheel symbol at the bottom of the left.
- On the left sidebar, go to Game Overlay and turn off Enable in-game overlay.
To turn off the overlay on Twitch, follow these steps.
- Create a Twitch studio.
- Select Settings from your profile at the upper right.
- On the left hand side of the screen, choose In-Game Overlay.
- Button off the In-Game Overlay now by clicking the toggle.
Fix 6: For BF2042.exe, disable Control Flow Guard.
It’s a hazardous remedy, so don’t try it all at once, but it’ll enhance Battlefield FPS and minimize stuttering right away.
Control Flow Guard is a security protocol, and all you have to do is make an exception for BF2042.exe to use it.
Here’s how to turn it off:
- To access Virus & Threat Protection, click the Windows symbol and type.
- Once it’s open, go to Apps & Browser Control and choose Exploit Protection Settings from the drop-down menu.
- To modify, go to Program Settings and click the + symbol to add a program.
- Paste BF2042.exe into the Add by program name box.
- Scroll down to Control flow guard (CFG) and tick Override system settings in the new window.
- Click Yes, then Apply.
Fix #7: Turn off V-Sync
If you have V-Sync on, the game will stutter; try disabling it in the game and enabling it in the Nvidia Control Panel.
8. Change the graphics settings in the game
If the game is still stuttering, adjust the optimal graphics settings before playing to boost the FPS.
- High-quality texture
- High-quality texture filtering
- Medium lighting quality
- Medium Effects Quality
- Low post-processing quality
- Low mesh quality
- Medium Terrain Quality
- Medium-quality undergrowth
- TAA High antialiasing post-processing
- Ambient Occlusion is turned off.
- Off — Dynamic Resolution Scale
- Enabled + Boost Nvidia Reflex Low Latency
- Future Frame Rendering is disabled.
- Vertical Sync is turned off.
- 74° field of view
- 60 % brightness
- 0 Motion Blur
- Offset Chromatic Aberration
- Film Grain is turned off.
- Off — Vignette
- Lens Distortion is turned off.
- Fullscreen — Fullscreen mode
- Choose the proper full-screen device.
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 143.855Hz is the refresh rate.
- 80° field of view
Fix 9: Enable GPU Scheduling with Hardware Acceleration
If you have a Geforce 10 series or later graphics card, or a Radeon 5600 or 5700 series graphics card with the current drivers, you should activate hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling.
It may help you improve performance and fix the FPS dips in Battlefield 2042.
To enable it, follow these steps:
- Select Display settings by right-clicking on the empty area on the desktop.
- Find Graphics settings towards the bottom of the page and click on it.
- Enable GPU scheduling with hardware acceleration.
- Select Browse from the Desktop app menu.
- To Add, go to the game’s installation directory and double-click BF2042.exe.
- Your game will begin to show up on the list. Select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the High-Performance option.
Fix 10: Delete the game’s cache.
The in-game cache kept on your PC might cause FPS dips and stuttering in Battlefield 2042.
You’ll need to clear the game cache, which you may accomplish by following these steps:
- Go to the directory where the game was installed.
- Find the Cache folder in Battlefield 2042.
- Delete all of the files in the Cache folder.
You Might Also Enjoy:
Watch This Video-
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix stuttering in Battlefield 2042?
A: There are many different steps that you can take to optimize your game. If this is the first time youve seen stuttering, try lowering all graphics settings to low and disabling any effects like reflections or shadows in Battlefield 1942/1942 Modded Edition. You may also want to lower the number of textures loaded in-game as well as disable loading on demand with a d3d9ex driver override option if available.
Why is my Battlefield 2042 lagging?
A: The Battlefield 2042 game is not optimized for the PS4 at this time, so you will probably experience a lot of lag during gameplay.
How do I fix FPS drops and stutters?
A: Geforce Experience is a tool that can be downloaded and used to fine-tune the graphics settings within your computer. It offers users increased performance, stability, as well as improved gameplay quality. You can download this program by going on their website here: https://www.geforceexperience.com/